6 Ways to Care for Your Lawn While on Vacation
Back-to-school time may be here, but there’s still time to take a summer vacation in the South. Whether you’ve planned an extravagant getaway or a simple visit to family, you’re about to enjoy your time away from home. However, what about the property you’re leaving behind? If you want to keep your yard in good shape for when you return, here are some ways to care for your lawn while on vacation.
- Make a plan. This first step will help you greatly in the long run. When you go on a trip, you most likely schedule an itinerary of things you want to do or need to get done. Try and plan out what needs to happen to keep your lawn in good shape while you’re gone. Ask yourselves questions like: How do often does my yard need weeding? What needs to be watered and how frequently? What resources do I have to get this done? Eliminating uncertainty streamlines the preparation process, keeping you from wasting too much time on mundane tasks.
- Take advantage of the technology you own. Whether you’re employing a useful Husqvarna Automower or setting the timer on a sprinkler system, don’t be afraid to let machines take over lawn care for you while you’re gone!
- Employ some help. If you don’t have an automatic sprinkler system or machines that will maintain your yard, you can always find someone to help you out for the next few days. The good news is that you have a lot of options to choose from, whether you want high-scale care or affordable assistance. If you’ve been meaning to overhaul your lawn, you may want to call in a yard care service to do the job. Or, if you’re having someone watch your house, request that they also water the lawn and plants. If you’d prefer to be more conscientious about your budget, you can also hire a neighbor to come over and do some minor watering.
- Get big tasks over with before the vacation. If you have to mow, weed, or till the soil, get all of it over with before your vacation. It will feel good to get the job done and you won’t spend your vacation thinking about the work you will have to do when you return home.
- Treat the yard with pesticides. One of the big worries people have when it comes to pesticides is the amount of danger the chemicals can do. However, if you get this done right before vacation—either on your own or with a reputable service while you’re gone—you won’t have to worry about dealing with potential hazards.
- Don’t over-do it. If you’re only going to be away from home for a few days—or even a week—you won’t have to worry too much about finding ways to care for your lawn while on vacation. As long as you don’t have a garden or any other plants to water, you only need to water the grass once a week. Simply do the task before you leave, and you’ll be good to go!
See—keeping up with your lawn is simple, no matter where you might be! If you try out these great ways to care for your lawn while on vacation, your yard will certainly thank you. Now, go out there and enjoy yourselves!
American Power Equipment is proud to serve Mobile and the surrounding area for its power equipment needs. Come see us today on Willis Road in Mobile, or visit us at www.ampoeq.com!